Hydro boost parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usar17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1985/87
Truck Model
K20 Silverado
Engine Size
TBI350/700r4/NP208
I need a brake pedal for a hydro boost square and also the mounting plate for the booster. I have a hydro boost unit already.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Is the pedal really different? I converted an 80 from Hydro Boost to Vac Boost. Bolted right in, not problems. :shrug:

usar17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1985/87
Truck Model
K20 Silverado
Engine Size
TBI350/700r4/NP208
Everyone says about the distance from the mounting bolt to the pin the rod attaches to is different. Plus I need to be able to get a brake switch from a 1994 truck on the pin also

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Everyone says about the distance from the mounting bolt to the pin the rod attaches to is different.

It is. Look at the distance from the pin to the bend above it. The hb pedal is on the bottom.

You must be registered for see images attach

You can see the need for a different pedal by looking at the push rods of the two. I remember reading that some guys get around switching pedals by cutting the push rod on the hb in half and threading the cut ends, then reattaching them with a coupling nut so the rod length is adjustable.

I also found out the brake switch activator (which is bolted to the pedal) is longer on a hb. I forgot to get the correct one from the junk yard when I picked up the pedal so I cut and welded in a short piece of steel so it would bolt on and reach the switches. I think I could have drilled a new mounting hole in the pedal instead of the welding mod but I didn't want to remove the pedal again.

Last edited:

usar17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1985/87
Truck Model
K20 Silverado
Engine Size
TBI350/700r4/NP208
Well I got everything today at a junk yard BUT the plate the hydro boost mounts too. I couldn't get the damn nut off the junk one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohiokm