Hurst shifter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walloon

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 20
Engine Size
I solved the yoke problem now I need info for the shifter. I have a 86 c20 2wd with my6 (new process wOD) I am missing the reverse rod. Does anyone know the part number or have one? Thanks

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I would just like to say you, sir are a lucky dude to have that trans! You may have to fabricate one from steel rod given the rarity of those transmissions.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yep, might have to fab one, or get one from a Hurst Competition Plus Shifter, or buy a complete shifter. That'll be a tough find.

zieg85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
7.4L
Yep, no longer available. I see you are in Michigan. If you need to see one in person I do have one that you can copy. It was a 3 year search to find a complete shifter so I am pretty protective of it. I live 75 miles from Benton Harbor in NW Indiana

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Here's a post with some pics of it so you can get an idea what it looks like if that helps. BUT, I don't think these are oriented correctly. The idiot I bought the trans and shifter from had taken the shifter off and I don't think he put it back on right. There is another post on here here somewhere that I'm going to have to copy to make sure I have all the pieces in the right places. But you can see what the reverse rod looks like.

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99310&postcount=9

walloon

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 20
Engine Size
reverse rod

Yep, no longer available. I see you are in Michigan. If you need to see one in person I do have one that you can copy. It was a 3 year search to find a complete shifter so I am pretty protective of it. I live 75 miles from Benton Harbor in NW Indiana

Thanks for reply. I am not sure the Hurst shifter is a direct match for the tranny. The provider said it was but the mounting plate seems a bit different from the photos I have seen. I am new to this site but I am going to try to post photos of my Hurst in hopes someone can ID it. It has no numbers other than part numbers stamped on the varrious pieces. As for the reverse rod it would be great if you could trace it somehow and send me a pattern and I could make one. Thanks

Attachments

• hurst 001.jpg
    hurst 001.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 117
  • hurst 002.jpg
    hurst 002.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 125
  • hurst 003.jpg
    hurst 003.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 105

walloon

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 20
Engine Size
Thanks for photo. I posted photos of mine and I see the rods are reversed on mine thanks. First time for a project like this Thanks!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks for photo. I posted photos of mine and I see the rods are reversed on mine thanks. First time for a project like this Thanks!

Now don't be going my photo in the link I posted. As said, I'm pretty sure the guy put that shifter back on wrong. I just posted that so you can see what the Rod geometery looked like so you'd have an idea of what the rod looked to know if you can build it or not.

I think another member posted some photos for me to confirm the lever and rod orientation to get my shifter on right. I know he had posted some, but I wanted close ups and not sure he did that yet.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

I just realized in your siggy, you also have 14b Full Floater with 3.21 gears. Fairly Rare. You'd be the 3rd I know of with 3.21's counting myself, and you might be the same guy on the other forum I'm counting 2x. I like it until I need to tow 6000 lb Burb + Trailer Weight.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks for reply. I am not sure the Hurst shifter is a direct match for the tranny. The provider said it was but the mounting plate seems a bit different from the photos I have seen. I am new to this site but I am going to try to post photos of my Hurst in hopes someone can ID it. It has no numbers other than part numbers stamped on the varrious pieces. As for the reverse rod it would be great if you could trace it somehow and send me a pattern and I could make one. Thanks

Also, looking at your pics, your shifter does NOT appear the be the OEM GM Husrt shifter. I think that is an aftermarket Hurst Shifter. Notice the bolt with the adjustable stop on it. The OE shifters aren't even drilled for the bolt stops. Mine might be by the time I'm done with it. Also your shifter handle is not round into square like the GM OE sticks I've seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigcreek