How To Remove Air Pump? Or Should I?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Handy Andy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra 1500
Engine Size
plugging holes

How did you plug the holes in the exhaust system? When I did my air system removal on my last truck I found that an oil plug from a cummins 5.9l diesel was the right size and thread for the hole... not as cheap as threading a bolt in, but it's the right threads...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
How did you plug the holes in the exhaust system? When I did my air system removal on my last truck I found that an oil plug from a cummins 5.9l diesel was the right size and thread for the hole... not as cheap as threading a bolt in, but it's the right threads...

yep, that's the best way. You can buy brass plugs at a good auto parts store. I hate seeing the guys who break the steel lines and bend them over. Looks like hell too. Just says, "Lazy Ass" to me when I see that ****. I bought my truck and it's like that. Bent over pipes. :whymewhyme:

moorevisual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

1/4" galvanized steel pipe thread plumbing plugs. They were about $1.50/ea @ home depot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus