how to get dash working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

no slack

Reaction score
First Name
Antonio
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
5.7 350 TBI
My truck is a work of art. The cab is from an 1981 Chevy C-10. So that's how its listed with the DMV. But the front and back clip or from a 1986 Silverado and the motor is out of a 1995 Silverado. It had the late model 1986 350 5.7 TBI motor but it needed a ring job so I pulled it out and replaced with 1995 5.7 TBI. The motors are the same and the tranny is a 700r4. When I got the truck the oil pressure and engine temp both ran from a aftermarket gauge mounted close to the ash tray. They are not connected to the new motor, How do I first connect them so I can have something and how would I get everything on the dash wired up again? The new motor looks to have the factory temp sensor still connected to motor but I have no idea where the connector is on the wire harness and even if the connection is the same on the 86 wire harness. So if you can help me thanks I am learning a lot about my truck and hope to return the favor some day.

Last edited by a moderator:

philjafo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20 scottsdale
Engine Size
350/sm465/np205/d44/corp14
No one is telling you to stop posting, just that using punctuation makes it easier for people to understand the point your trying make.

For your wiring question, the best advice I can give you is get the wiring diagram for your truck and start studying. I think there's a copy in the library here. If there isn't, there should be. Let me know if you can't find them I'll scan the pages from my book for you.

I'm not sure if the sensors from the late motor will work with the older guages, but if not the right sensors for the truck are still available pretty cheap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garcjay