1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Calculate Gear Ratio wo Removing Covers

Discussion in 'Differential & Driveline' started by HotRodPC, Aug 6, 2012.

1. HotRodPC

HotRodPC Administrator Staff Member

First Name:
    HotRod
    Truck Year:
    85 K20 LWB / 86 K5
    Truck Model:
    Silverado / Silverado
    Engine Size:
    454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73 350 - 700R4 - 4.10
    No doubt. Keep your racing limited to the Yugo's and Geo's. Don't be taunting anything else. :rofl: Your poor transmission is working it's ass off. I'd be keeping your eyes open for some 4.10 axles. Many times you can find a set of used axles drum to drum for about $200-$250. Finding 4.10's in half ton axles is pretty tough, but 3.73's are out there in half ton.
    Other option is to find some 3/4 ton 8 lug axles drum to drum with 4.10's and those are pretty common. I've seen those go for $250-$325 a pair. But then you'd need new wheels and probably tires too.

2. roadwolf

roadwolf Full Access Member

First Name:
    Rodolphe
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    silverado 10
    Engine Size:
    As my goal is to build a fall guy truck replica, i need the 8 lug to be acurate, the only thing that slows me is the shipping cost to France for so heavy things and also i wan"t to keep the truck light.
    In fact i am also loocking in converting my 10 bolt to 8 lugs, i know it can be done for the front, but i have not found anything for the rear and i also would like a rear disc axle/conversion.

I know that's make lot of thing, and it's a headache between what i would like (a light ls1 powered awd squarebody) and what can be done mainly from France.

thanks for your help

3. tiredtiretodd

tiredtiretodd Full Access Member

First Name:
    Todd
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K 25
    Engine Size:
    Thanks for the link! I will try this.