1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to add aux to stock head unit?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Audio' started by thecantaloupeman, Mar 6, 2021.

1. thecantaloupeman

thecantaloupeman Full Access Member

First Name:
    Dawson
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    C20 Silverado Camper Special
    Engine Size:
    So I have wanted to play my spotify music in my truck for a while and have been trying to come up with a better way to do it than just using an FM transmitter. I want the best possible audio quality I can get.

I'd like to just solder a Bluetooth receiver board into the stock head unit somehow. This is one I found that seems like it could work:

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-DR...oth+board&qid=1615045929&s=electronics&sr=1-6

Lots of people add aux ports to their stock head units so could I just do that and then plug this into it? Idk how I'd solder in the power source, but could this work?

If I did do something like that where would I need to solder the aux cable into on the stock head unit? Is there an open channel or something that will accept it? It'd actually be kinda cool if I could solder it into the AM radio channel because then maybe I can switch between FM radio and Bluetooth by using the switch on the front of the radio.

2. dusterdude

dusterdude Full Access Member

First Name:
    mark
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    gmc c15
    Engine Size:
    Subscribed

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk