Hi From Melbourne Australia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Welcome from NE Georgia! Nize lookin' trucks y'all!
Keep the pix coming. We're pix ****** here!

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Very nice looking ride! Welcome from NorCal

MelbGMC

Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Stepside
Engine Size
Nice trucks @MelbGMC and @Dave M.
I see the steering is on the same side us in the states. I guess they were shipped over when the trucks were old enough not to be modified for right hand steer?
I prefer to keep the steering original and on the LHS, it's more authentic that way in my opinion.
My truck is a '82 model

Dave M

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Nice trucks @MelbGMC and @Dave M.
I see the steering is on the same side us in the states. I guess they were shipped over when the trucks were old enough not to be modified for right hand steer?
Thanks Rory, I purchased mine here a couple years back, but definitely an import. We did have them locally assembled as RHD at the General Motors Holden factory in Dandenong, Victoria.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Thanks Rory, I purchased mine here a couple years back, but definitely an import. We did have them locally assembled as RHD at the General Motors Holden factory in Dandenong, Victoria.
Ah yes Holden. I forgot about them.

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
Welcome from Austria.

GTP51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado half ton Stepside
Engine Size
Welcome another Melbourian in the group, how’s Dans Jail treating you?, lots of great people in the group
I’m in Mount Eliza
Geoff
:cheers:

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Welcome from the Motor City, your truck may have been built in
Flint Michigan.
Only 88.5 Kilometers (55 miles) from my house.

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome

MelbGMC

Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Stepside
Engine Size
Welcome another Melbourian in the group, how’s Dans Jail treating you?, lots of great people in the group
I’m in Mount Eliza
Geoff
:cheers:
HI Geoff,
The Jail sux doesn't it!!
At least it gives us time to work on our trucks though I guess, only down side is waiting for parts to arrive via courier or the postman......

Would be good to catchup once we are allowed out of "Jail"

GTP51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
HI Geoff,
The Jail sux doesn't it!!
At least it gives us time to work on our trucks though I guess, only down side is waiting for parts to arrive via courier or the postman......

Would be good to catchup once we are allowed out of "Jail"
For sure Marcus, getting parts and waiting for them is painful but all part of the fun of doing up these classic cars/trucks. Its faster to get a part over from Summit in the US that buying local in Melbourne, just today had a steering intermediate shaft delivered from Summit that I ordered last Thursday amazing fast. Eagle Spares in Dandenong are pretty handy, what have you got on your to do list?

MelbGMC

Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Stepside
Engine Size
For sure Marcus, getting parts and waiting for them is painful but all part of the fun of doing up these classic cars/trucks. Its faster to get a part over from Summit in the US that buying local in Melbourne, just today had a steering intermediate shaft delivered from Summit that I ordered last Thursday amazing fast. Eagle Spares in Dandenong are pretty handy, what have you got on your to do list?
Hi Geoff, I've used Eagle Auto Parts for a lot of my stuff in the past, bought my new motor through them actually.
Youre right I have had stuff come from America in under a week and cant get items locally for up to 3 weeks, its crazy!!!
I've got a heap of stuff to do still on my Truck, I'm thinking of building my own exhaust for it at the moment.
I need to install the immobiliser that was delivered yesterday, I need to get the aircon regassed for summer
I'm waiting on reinforcing steering box plates to come from the US so I can weld them in, and I'm going to pull the tray back off over the coming weekend for access etc. when doing the exhaust.
Always something to do on them....
You have much on your to do list??

cstew47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Greetings from Colombia. I'm sorry to hear about what you guys are dealing with over there.

GTP51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Hi Geoff, I've used Eagle Auto Parts for a lot of my stuff in the past, bought my new motor through them actually.
Youre right I have had stuff come from America in under a week and cant get items locally for up to 3 weeks, its crazy!!!
I've got a heap of stuff to do still on my Truck, I'm thinking of building my own exhaust for it at the moment.
I need to install the immobiliser that was delivered yesterday, I need to get the aircon regassed for summer
I'm waiting on reinforcing steering box plates to come from the US so I can weld them in, and I'm going to pull the tray back off over the coming weekend for access etc. when doing the exhaust.
Always something to do on them....
You have much on your to do list??
its always good to have a project on the go , I’m bored now nothing really to do on the truck, bit of a trans problem which will be sorted in a couple of weeks, then when “The most locked down city in the world” is open again we will head of the see Gary at “Chevs” and do a dyno run
stay safe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkorich