Hey gents, I need a carb.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Qjet are arguably the best STREET carb ever made. I've helped get them working on Fords even...after the owner installed their beloved holley or POS revamped Carter (Ebrock), and got piss poor mileage while getting dusted by my 17mpg 442...LOL. ;) I will say that a mech sec holley is less of a headache to deal with for a bracket racer/etc, but I raced one regardless. On the street they just plain work, sip fuel, and go WOT like a bat outta hell if you can deal with the .25sec quadrabog. This is a great newer article that hits a lot of points on the Qjet. Some of them are strictly for retuning for a racey cam/etc...You just need a rebuild.

http://www.carcraft.com/howto/57178/

For the most part I agree, but I got to stick up for Holley. They are the best carb to run if you don't know how to diagnose or tune a q-jet, and you CAN get good mpg out of them and they WILL hold an adjustment if it's set up right to begin with. But I do agree though, NOTHING beats a q-jet that is working properly.

Kapdin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30, Scottsdale K20, Silverado C10, Silverado V10, Silverado V20
Engine Size
400ci, 350ci, 350ci, TBI 350ci, TBI 350ci
humm well lets hope mine is fine cus the choke is killin me, and after sittin in my shop for about a month, i don't think my 4bbl are opening up right now but maybe in my attempt to fix the choke i **** something up. Ill give it to a guy here in town that knows these things.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K5Chris