"Hey" from Ohio!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

incubus2432

Reaction score
First Name
Shekkie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just popping in for a quick "howdy". Last week I bought this K10 Scottsdale from Colorado and had it shipped home to Ohio. I adopted it without personally inspecting which made me nervous but I had a custom hot rod shop in the seller's area go over the car and they assured me it was worth the money. I was very relieved when it arrived and couldn't be happier with the condition......especially for the money. Finding a, basically, rust free truck in this area is pretty much impossible without spending a small fortune.

Anyway......it has 79k miles with a 305, auto with pw/pl, a/c and not much else. It needs tires and some minor tweaking to get it ready for winter. I bought it to be my winter commuter and farm truck. Some relatively short two horse trailering may be in it's future as well so some power, suspension and brake upgrades are on the list. I have a good, clean truck to start with which is what I wanted.......

You must be registered for see images attach

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
welcome! Good lookin truck man, I look forward to your progress on it.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:welcome:

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
:welcome: Nice looking truck ya got yerself there... :)

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Welcome from N.E. Texas

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Howdy neighbor! I must ask, why buy a rust free truck to drive in the winter?

incubus2432

Reaction score
First Name
Shekkie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Howdy neighbor! I must ask, why buy a rust free truck to drive in the winter?

Thanks for all of the "welcomes"!

If I start with something rusty then there isn't much sense in trying to keep it from getting far worse over several winters plus it looks like crap when the weather is decent. Start with something rust free and all it takes is some effort to keep it looking great. With pre-winter prep, frequent washings and Spring touch-ups there's no reason that it won't look nice for years to come.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Thanks for all of the "welcomes"!

If I start with something rusty then there isn't much sense in trying to keep it from getting far worse over several winters plus it looks like crap when the weather is decent. Start with something rust free and all it takes is some effort to keep it looking great. With pre-winter prep, frequent washings and Spring touch-ups there's no reason that it won't look nice for years to come.

Sounds good in theory I guess. I've had zero luck keeping things from deteriorating after driving through a winter, frequent washing and all. What's in your pre-winter prep?

incubus2432

Reaction score
First Name
Shekkie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Sounds good in theory I guess. I've had zero luck keeping things from deteriorating after driving through a winter, frequent washing and all. What's in your pre-winter prep?

Nothing crazy. I throw it up on ramps, pressure wash the undercarriage then once it dries navel jelly and/or sand/grind any rusty areas and coat with paint or Por-15. I'm sure it doesn't do much or last long but I also spray hard to get to areas down with a light penetrating oil. As far as body areas I just sand and paint up any chip/surface rust spots.

If the weather gets decent at some point during winter I'll repeat the process. It's not too bad and just sucks up an afternoon. Just can't let small issues left unchecked.

The downside is my "new" truck will soon have mismatched paint spots on it but it beats rust holes so I can live with it.

Rollin_Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Welcome. Sounds good in theory, have you considered prepping it and then doing a type of rhino lining on the underbody? I'm restoring a 68 C10 and that's what's going underneath to prevent rust.

incubus2432

Reaction score
First Name
Shekkie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Welcome. Sounds good in theory, have you considered prepping it and then doing a type of rhino lining on the underbody? I'm restoring a 68 C10 and that's what's going underneath to prevent rust.

In a restore situation I think that's a great idea to do to the body and/frame. In my situation I'd be Rhino Lining over break lines, electrical cables, fasteners, etc which could make my life real difficult down the road.

yenner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Welcome from another buckeye. :)

You should take my stock wheels in trade for your wheels. ;)

incubus2432

Reaction score
First Name
Shekkie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Welcome from another buckeye. :)

You should take my stock wheels in trade for your wheels. ;)

Too bad you didn't mention that earlier.......I just got new tires for the 16" rims or I would have swapped in a heartbeat. I just got a set of GM rally wheel center caps that I'm going to mod to fit these wheels so I'll be happy with 'em then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweeter68