Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Just want outside to start it for the first time but before I did took off the air breather and it start it up like a champ. Don't know sh!t bout carbs. I do see the coke plate staying open, dats my problem. Do I need a new carb or there's a way to fix it. I do have a Holley 4bbl carb that came off my brothers 69 nova 350 SS. He said he swapped it for a better Edelbrock and the Holley still works. I'll take pix later.

Is there an aftermarket air cleaner on it?

Don.V

Reaction score
First Name
donny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images

this thing cirlcle dont move once the truck is warmed up. once again i dont know sh@t about carbs. once i move it, the truck idles right but once i give it throttle it get stuck and start revving up high again.

Don.V

Reaction score
First Name
donny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
this is the Holley i was talking about.

Don.V

Reaction score
First Name
donny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
another view. is it compatible? what is needed to be compatible?

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI

this thing cirlcle dont move once the truck is warmed up. once again i dont know sh@t about carbs. once i move it, the truck idles right but once i give it throttle it get stuck and start revving up high again.

That plastic capmto the left with the pigtail wire in it, thats held on by 3 screws is most likely your issue. there is a heated spring in there that may be done...take it off and gonto Oriellys and they should be able to get you another. Stay with the stock carb if you can...it doesnt get any better.

wagonman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Check the wire @ choke for 12volts running,if no power check the C-H fuse @ fuse block. Your choke looks like its slamed shut could be the cause of your smoking issue.Hope this helps..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kipps5000