Help! NV4500 Clutch Z Bar Linkage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cah2873

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have a 1984 K20 that has had a NV4500 transmission put in it. I recently had a rebuilt 350 engine installed into the truck. The engine has a 1 piece rear main seal. It also had a new clutch installed at the same time. The problem I am having is that the very little travel on the pressure plate before the clutch fork hits the bell housing. It only engages when the pedal is fully depressed all the way to the floor. I am running a mechanical clutch. It drives decent however I am worried that it will wear the clutch out soon. I have thought about grinding some clearance on the edge of the bell housing opening to allow more movement of the clutch fork.

Does anyone have any idea on how to increase the travel?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I'd be curious as to what they used to accomplish that. I wasn't aware that a mechanical linkage bell would bolt up to a 4500. It may be worth it to convert to the hydraulic bell that should be on it.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Any way to tell if your new clutch is the same as what they list as a "conversion specific " clutch?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76