Help needed on Power Steering for a 77 C10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lpmorgan

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Looking for a new or used power steering complete setup for my 77’ C10. It has a sbc without a/c and I need everything. Box, hoses, pump, brackets and pulley. I can’t seem to find a complete kit anywhere online. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I dont know of any complete kits but If you plan to keep this vehicle long term and really enjoy and drive it and you don't mind putting a few dollars into it....

Purchase a serpentine belt system off a 89-91 Sub. Should be $50-100 at junkyard, Craigslist, etc. I paid $80 for a nice running one. I invested another $200 for powdercoat, new alt, power steering pump, ac delete idler, belts, tensioner, etc. None of that was really necessary but I wanted it looking brand new and reliable. This same set-up is over $1000 through GM and I have less than $300 into ours.

PS box are easy to find new and used but I'd suggest upgrading to a CPP or Borgeson for $350-500 and quickening up the ratio to more modern feel.

Definitely check the frame for cracks where box mounts and add a brace from ORD, Autopower. Etc.

Borgeson steering shaft is nice upgrade.

PS lines are easy to find but I had mine custom made for $150 as I added a hydroboost brake booster as well.

So less than $1000 for a reliable modern set-up.

Again, I think if you searched, you could probably buy all used for $200 for a v belt system and box. I actually think I have a complete v belt system other than the crank pulley that I'd give away if you were close.

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
A junk yard would be a good place to get things like pulleys and brackets, everything else I'd suggest purchasing new or rebuilt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CTGAP