Help me decide, paint the camper shell light blue or dark blue

Light blue or dark blue?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
It def doesn't look bad black but doesn't jive with the whole "sport truck" thing I've got going on. Pretty convinced I'm doing light blue. Might just pay the dude $75 to photoshop both options on my renderings I already had done...

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I did vote for the light blue. I didn't mean to be the debbie downer here. I appreciate him and his build. And maybe some tint on all the glass on the cap.
Haha no worries! Caps are definitely not everybody's cup of tea, they normally aren't mine either. I have a couple buddies that have already threatened to come steal it cuz they hate it so much :rofl:

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Haha no worries! Caps are definitely not everybody's cup of tea, they normally aren't mine either. I have a couple buddies that have already threatened to come steal it cuz they hate it so much :rofl:

My wife is constantly trying to sell mine when she goes to shows with me :doh2:

I don't think she'd actually do it but ya never know, she really doesn't like it

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
I want a shell for my crew cab, to make it simpler to load/pack for shows and swap meets. Also more weather proof. Of course I will have to put a proper tailgate on it too, since it came to me with one of the free flow ones.
Mom doesn't want one, because she likes being able to see out the back of the truck. I agree, and the way Houston idiot drivers jump around in traffic, sometimes you need to be able to look out the window and glare at people.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
My wife is constantly trying to sell mine when she goes to shows with me :doh2:

I don't think she'd actually do it but ya never know, she really doesn't like it
Better not let her take the truck anywhere by herself! She may come back topless! :rofl: :rofl:

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Beating a dead horse here, but @TotalyHucked you know that just because they use the same paint code , there is NO guarantee it will match. Gonna take a good painter with a great eye to make it right. If someone can do that, the continuity will be very nice

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Beating a dead horse here, but @TotalyHucked you know that just because they use the same paint code , there is NO guarantee it will match. Gonna take a good painter with a great eye to make it right. If someone can do that, the continuity will be very nice
Oh I know. There's a paint shop here in town with one of those little matchy gun/x-ray thingamabobbers. I'll get them to do that and mix me up a couple different versions in a small aerosol can to do some spray outs first. Then I'll buy more of whatever matches best. I'll be doing all the prep and spraying myself

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1