Help. Issue with 700r4 on truck i just bought

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared Albanese

Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Truck is a 86 c10. 305 700r4. Runs amazing. 108k miles. Engages in r, and all forward gears, but habe to rev super high to get it to creep forward on driver side there is something that goes into tranny on the side thats a lil loose. There is also a slight whinning noise when its in gear and revving i have concussion now and my girl wont let me under to get pics and tiggten up the piece ill get a pic of it when ahe is in shower and post it. Could it be torque converter? Had a leak from that part on side and previous over says thats the issue. Any ideas or opinions?

84 M1008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
M1008 K30
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
That's the throttle valve cable. It controls the shift points. If it's loose, then plastic retainer is likely broken. Do not drive the truck, order a new cable. They are a pita to replace with the transmission in the truck.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
He’s right. The only way I was able to do it was to pull the cable around to the other side of transmission to put tension on the two ends that hook together. It’ll make sense once you take the cable off.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
How is the fluid level? First thought was the Speedo connection. It'll leak there too.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Throttle valve cable should be on the passenger side, not the driver side.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Check the fluid level in the truck first, and x2 on the TV cable being on the passenger side of the trans. It then runs up and over the trans to driver side of the throttle body.

Do some reading on this article to give you a better understanding. I had to change my TV cable while on the truck and its a pain. If you're concussed currently I wouldnt suggest it since you will be laying down in different positions with your head up trying get the little hook in the bottom.

http://www.tvmadeez.com/article/

If it is your TV cable DO NOT DRIVE IT. You can fry your tranny in a short distance. Pay for a tow to a shop, have a friend do you a favor, or just wait if you cant fix it now yourself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynhigh88