Help ID

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Copper Jr

Reaction score
First Name
william
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So I have an oil leak, I’m not loosing a ton of oil but it is a mess down there. I replaced valve cover gaskets and I was curious on what the circled piece is by the oil filter. It isn’t attached to anything and feels broken. I haven’t taken it apart yet but should have time tomorrow. It’s a 86/k10/305/465/208. I’m new to squares so anything else you see feel free to point it out :) thanks everyone.
You must be registered for see images attach

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So my oil pressure gauge still work, are there multiple sending units?
I didnt notice your location there.I think oil switch is behind distributor.Unscrew this thing then and see if oil comes out. My truck doesnt have one like yours there at the oil filter.These type switches will leak tho.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It does look like a sending unit.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Yeah. Since he has the one on the oil filter housing I am sure he also has the one behind the distributor.

Copper Jr

Reaction score
First Name
william
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yeah I just got the truck not a lot of info on it but thanks everyone hopefully I’ll get it apart tomorrow.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
The pressure sender is in the top edge of the cylinder block behind the distributor. The one in the picture by the filter, is a pressure switch for the electric choke. That way if you turn the ignition on and don't start the engine right away the choke stays closed for start up.

Copper Jr

Reaction score
First Name
william
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The pressure sender is in the top edge of the cylinder block behind the distributor. The one in the picture by the filter, is a pressure switch for the electric choke. That way if you turn the ignition on and don't start the engine right away the choke stays closed for start up.
So that’s telling me to just plug it because this no longer has an electric choke. Thanks

Lowered87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Looks like the mess that I had. 350s 1979 and earlier had a short driver side dip stick that if the inside sleeve piece is missing can leak. The small tube that inserts into the block leaks at the insertion point. I used a small o-ring and RTV to plug the leak. When I rebuild my motor I will switch to a lokar dip stick.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
What years had that? Looks like a perfect way to turn whatever on and off, such as elec.fuel pump or cooling fan. Thinking I need one sitting in my toolbox.I am assuming it's 1/8 27 npt?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64