Hello from TN, looking for old 77'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tfs94gt

Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hello folks,
I'm trying for a long shot to help a friend who is an older gentlemen and isn't internet savvy at all. Trying to run down a 77 short bed he got in the early 80's from his father. The truck was from Mcminville Tennessee.He did a few things to it that should still stand out if its still around anywhere. The truck was painted underneath the same bright solid red as the body with the ground effects all molded in. It has a clear plexi glass bedcover, and the frame was also painted. He sold it at pigeon forge rod run around 12-15 years ago. At the time it had a pretty radical small block in it with a tunnel ram. I realize this is a long shot but if anyone has any clue as to the whereabouts of it may be the gentlemen looking is in a good position to buy it back. The best thing I have is a pic of a regular printed picture. And unfortunately he doesn't have the VIN of the vehicle.
https://freeimage.host/i/montetruck.HUgHHQ
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Last edited:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
you're looking for old 77? Do we know each other? :) :wave:

Ha, this is my first thought when I saw this thread but, I knew you'd see it sooner or later.

I mean he did say looking for old 77 :shrug:

Tfs94gt

Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Found it. It's in Illinois and now black.
You must be registered for see images attach
I did a double take for sure! Trying to figure out how to post pic straight to forums without the link.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
I did a double take for sure! Trying to figure out how to post pic straight to forums without the link.
Click upload a file. Sort through your photos. Select one and there you go.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Those ground effects are so cool...
:love62:

Dude .

Hook us up with some of that stuff, for.real.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I wish I had a better memory for small details like this. I saw a truck that looked very similar in Nashville almost five years ago, but it was white. It was owned by a scraggly guy who was dirty and looked like he smoked a lot of cigarettes, I told him it was a nice truck, and he said thanks.

If the PO has any paperwork with the VIN on it, perhaps that can help, even so that it’s not a standardized VIN like we have now, it’s still an ID that belongs to that truck specifically. Also, maybe an old license plate receipt could generate leads if you have LEO friends or know someone at the DMV. If Nashville has put in those overhead **** speed/seatbelt/traffic light cameras, they’d have infraction vehicles discriminated by year, make, model. Big brother watches us a good bit; knowing the right people could allow you access to some of that stuff. Assuming the vehicle hasn’t left the area. My Jimmy was based out of Nashville for about ten years, but it’s about 6-7 hours away now. Otherwise, I’d say hit the Facebook pages.

Tfs94gt

Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I wish I had a better memory for small details like this. I saw a truck that looked very similar in Nashville almost five years ago, but it was white. It was owned by a scraggly guy who was dirty and looked like he smoked a lot of cigarettes, I told him it was a nice truck, and he said thanks.

If the PO has any paperwork with the VIN on it, perhaps that can help, even so that it’s not a standardized VIN like we have now, it’s still an ID that belongs to that truck specifically. Also, maybe an old license plate receipt could generate leads if you have LEO friends or know someone at the DMV. If Nashville has put in those overhead **** speed/seatbelt/traffic light cameras, they’d have infraction vehicles discriminated by year, make, model. Big brother watches us a good bit; knowing the right people could allow you access to some of that stuff. Assuming the vehicle hasn’t left the area. My Jimmy was based out of Nashville for about ten years, but it’s about 6-7 hours away now. Otherwise, I’d say hit the Facebook pages.
Interesting, not too far of a stretch to think that one could’ve been it. I’m gonna ask him again if he’s positive he doesn’t have anything with the vin on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M37M35