Hello from me and my project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yippee

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hello all. New here and new to the square body world. I'm located in North Texas, Arlington to be specific. I've been around cars and trucks my whole life and am no stranger to turning some wrenches. I bought my first car for $500 and spent many of hours getting it road worthy before I got my license. Still have my first car and later bought another truck.

My square body is a 1979 Cheyenne that's been handed down through the family. It was originally my grandfather's, bought brand new. He didn't drive much in his older age due to health issues. It sat off and on for a while. Once he passed on my dad inherited the truck and got it all running and driving well again. After he passed away the truck sat for a little bit longer again. I inherited the truck from him, so it's now been through three generations in the family. I went to get it and hauled it back home. Now it's sitting here, waiting to get back to it's prime. After realizing this whole world is new to me, I figured I should find somewhere that has a wealth of information and wisdom I could draw from - which lead me here.

The truck definitely needs some work to get it back to where it needs to be. The truck means a lot to me so the work and money is not an issue. I basically grew up in this truck and want to be able to enjoy it for many more years to come. I'll have more specific questions to follow as I get started rebuilding the truck.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Howdy!

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome from up in the Panhandle.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome to the site.

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome aboard :boti:

heavyO71

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
What's up! I'm also new to the forum. I have a '77 short fleet side bed. I'm also here in North Texas (Midlothian to be exact)
I to hope to get a lot of good info regarding square bodies.
Hope y'all have a great day

Sent from my S7 Edge in Texas

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man