heater box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Unfortunately this part of my truck is all put back together and its at a transmission shop. This should help out though. You have parts 10-14. This shows the correct orientation. The metal piece the vacuum pod is bolted to should have 2 holes drilled in it opposite where the plastic flapper is riveted to it. That is the top of your assembly. The pod should face the center of the truck. The spot where #14 points to ends up under the windshield area. The whole assembly is a pain in the ass to install!! It will take some time and finesse to get it on there. It does not just slide in.

The yellow arrow in picture #2 is the hole where you need to install it. The screws (#15) go through the flap assembly holes mentioned above and attach to 2 holes in the body of the truck on the left side of the hole where the arrow points. The holes should already be there.

Since I don't know when my truck is coming back, take a picture of what you're doing if you get stuck so we can give recommendations. It to me at least 2-3 tries to get my assembly back in and I knew how it came out.

You must be registered for see images attach

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
It's pouring out so this is the best I could get and I really need to clean the cowl out lol

sacalit

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
THANK YOU'LL VERY VERY MUCH CRAIG85 AND TUBE TRUCK FOR ALL THE INFO I PUT THAT PART IN LESS THAN 10 MINUITES THANKS SO MUCH NOW I CAN SEE ABOUT FUEL TANK AND PUT ENGINE IN THEN OFF TO PAINT I WILL POST PICTURES WHEN COMPLETE THANKS AGAIN, CAN'T THANK YOU'LL ENOUGH

Last edited:

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
@TubeTruck you definitely need to get a cowl screen.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
@TubeTruck you definitely need to get a cowl screen.
I got one! Lol had the truck about 3 weeks now. That's one area I haven't checked. It was worse before I took the pic. I'm guessing the PO took it off and didn't put it back on till he sold the truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey