Heat Stove/Riser

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Anyone have a nice condition heat stove/riser from their truck they don't need? The piece that goes around the manifold from my truck will not stay on anymore. This piece really helps during the winter around here and I would like to find a good one to put back on my truck. Picture below of what I am talking about. Goes from manifold up to bottom of air cleaner duct.

You must be registered for see images attach

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
If you are handy you can make one out of sheet metal and just a universal heat hose to go from there to the air cleaner. You can buy the flexible hose by length and diameter. I remember seeing a universal housing that clamped onto a header tube with a set of hose clamps, might be able to get that to fit a cast iron manifold. I think it was in the JCW catalog.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
^^^^^yup...you can also just get 2 metal band clamps, an clamp the one you have back on.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I just looked in a JCW catalog I have and on the site, I can't find it now. You can also cut a tab into the end of the universal hose and use the tab to clamp on. I even just stuck the hose right against the manifold and just let it ride like that. I'm gonna keep looking but it seems like aftermarket stuff like that is becoming a thing of the past.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Holy fuggin crap. I been looking around for universal ones. They run anywhere from 40-90 bucks for a header kit. Christ, I should make these and sell them for 25 bucks on eBay and retire. Anyway, was searching "Header Hot Air Kit" and "Pre-Heater Shield" if you wann keep looking. You can buy a cheap thin exhaust adapter from the shelf at Autozone for 3 bucks and cut some tabs in one end and bend them out and clamp it on, make it your self.

Here is an example, this one is welded but you get the idea. And you want to leave some room for air to get sucked in around the base to get heated. Don't seal completely flush to the manifold.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hooker-Headers-10930-Hooker-Headers-HOT-AIR-KIT-/200769388389

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Holy fuggin crap. I been looking around for universal ones. They run anywhere from 40-90 bucks for a header kit. Christ, I should make these and sell them for 25 bucks on eBay and retire. Anyway, was searching "Header Hot Air Kit" and "Pre-Heater Shield" if you wann keep looking. You can buy a cheap thin exhaust adapter from the shelf at Autozone for 3 bucks and cut some tabs in one end and bend them out and clamp it on, make it your self.

Here is an example, this one is welded but you get the idea. And you want to leave some room for air to get sucked in around the base to get heated. Don't seal completely flush to the manifold.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hooker-Headers-10930-Hooker-Headers-HOT-AIR-KIT-/200769388389
Yup...thats ridiculouse.
The exhaust adaptor is a sure bet...or even go to a truck parts store, or even NAPA, and you can get a couple of 4" stainless band clamps, and re use what you have...all your really missing is a way to hold the stove to the manifold. Any fix over $12 is excessive, and un necessary.
Maybe go by an exhaust shop, and have them tack the pipe reciever back on....would take probably 30 seconds.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krogers98gmc