Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I want to change my stock headlights to the ever so bright HID setup any one know who might sell the kit for these trucks cause as yall know stocks are dim as a dark room. If this has been discussed, please put me in the right place.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
ebay has some euro style like headlight housings where you can use the changeable bulbs in them, then you can get like ddm tuning hid kits and put in them.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Honestly, I would avoid doing HIDs unless you convert to a proper projector with a cutoff. Otherwise, you'll just be blinding every other driver on the road. Oh, and please, for the love of god, don't do the super blue or purple HIDs! They actually give you WORSE visibility.

One of the best things you can do is set your lights up to be powered directly from the battery and triggered with a relay, so you get more voltage. I think Sylvania also makes a brighter bulb for our trucks, as well.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
^ I agree. Get a set of euro style lights off eBay and throw some good sylvania silver stars in them.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I looked at the ones on LMC but wasnt real sure glad to hear someone has them, Thanks for the info. I want to do the whole set up not just the bulbs, does LMC have that or no, I couldnt finger out what the catalog was showing

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Whatever happened to that dude from Cali with that brown lifted truck, he put these headlights on his. Can't find his thread or remember his name, he used to be on here all the time...

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I think the one's I had in my '86 K10 were off of ebay. A buddy of mine used the LMC truck ones and they seemed to be good too. Just make sure to use a good quality bulb in them and not the crappy blue bulbs they usually come with.

I'll try and find a pic of my '86 with those lights in it.

Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
awesome...yeah the blues are just dipped and over time it fades off...what a great way to waste money..lol

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Dangit. Sorry man, I had some really cool pics of the lights installed and on in the dark showing the light output difference, but I think they were on my old laptop. I lost everything that was on it when it crashed years ago.

They were exactly like these though:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Pair-4-x6-H4666-H4651-H4656-Diamond-Cut-Rectangle-Conversion-Headlight-Lamp-/230830995175?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35be9976e7&vxp=mtr

Easily one of my most favorite mods on that pickup.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Some crappy made in china blue bulbs that had horrible light output. Put some Sylvania Silverstars in and all was well. Any good replacement bulb at Autozone would work though. I think they were an H4.

EDIT: Dur me. Yea the auction says they're H4 bulbs

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
I looked at the ones on LMC but wasnt real sure glad to hear someone has them, Thanks for the info. I want to do the whole set up not just the bulbs, does LMC have that or no, I couldnt finger out what the catalog was showing

If by whole set up you mean 4 new headlights, 2 new parking lamps and a wiring harness, then I have that.

Check my garage, I have a few pics of the new v old and final product.

As far as the wiring harness, basically unplug the old from the lights, plug them into the new and affix a power lead to your + battery,

The lights come with bulbs, but I dont recall what wattage. 55W maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising