Headlight issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
When i have the low beams on, the driverside is high/pass side is low. When i have my high beams on, the two top lights reverse themselves, driver side is low/pass side is high. Anybody come across this before? I have a quad light setup? I have a quad light setup on my 1986.

roadtriper

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SWB
Engine Size
2 thoughts come to mind... 1st. is maybe one of the sealed beams installed upside down? if not it could be a defective sealed beam. the position of the filament inside the sealed beam has an effect on the light pattern . try replacing both lamps. RT

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I posted this on your other thread - maybe you missed it?.

Check the schematic below and make sure the dual filament lamps (3 prong connection) are in the top buckets, the single filaments are in the bottom holes and that wiring is plugged in to the lamps correctly;

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

roadtriper

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SWB
Engine Size
2 thoughts come to mind... 1st. is maybe one of the sealed beams installed upside down? if not it could be a defective sealed beam. the position of the filament inside the sealed beam has an effect on the light pattern . try replacing both lamps. RT

When I read your post I assumed you were talking about the Aim of the beam
i.e. where the light pattern hit the road. if you in fact have the wrong element lighting up... then follow chengny's advice and check/ correct the wiring RT

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
THANKS CHEGNY, I figured it out. Apparently at some point in time, the trucks headlight connectors became brittle and when they went to change out the light it came apart. they put the wires back in, but in the wrong slots. It had the high beam & ground reversed. Muchas Gracias!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paz4x4