Header Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Dead-soft gaskets, in aluminum or copper. Worth every penny and no leaks.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Doppleganger,

Got a close header bolt hole? Use a ARP 12 point stainless header bolt kit. They look boss, and hold better than a 6 point, and you can get a thin wall socket on it rather than a fat wrench.
I was going to ask you, were you going to gasket match your heads to the headers? Now's the time to do it. Just place gasket on head, trace around holes, remove gasket, grind out all metal inside line to about an inch inside the head at a taper all around.

Did you gasket match the intake to the heads? Same thing on the intake side of head. More important on intake side than exhaust side.
What is that hole for between 1. and 3. that looks like it goes into the water jacket?

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Doppleganger,

Got a close header bolt hole? Use a ARP 12 point stainless header bolt kit. They look boss, and hold better than a 6 point, and you can get a thin wall socket on it rather than a fat wrench.
I was going to ask you, were you gasket match your heads to the headers? Now's the time to do it. Just place gasket on head, trace around holes, remove gasket, grind out all metal inside line to about an inch inside the head at a taper all around.
Did you gasket match the intake to the heads? Same thing on the intake side of head. More important on intake side than exhaust side.
What is that hole for between 1. and 3. that looks like it goes into the water jacket?
I actually got a set of gaskets from Edelbrock - tech there said they are perfectly matched to their heads (and they are - I sized it up). Their heads and FI intakes are also CNC matched so no porting necessary there either. When they told me this, its THE reason I bought the heads to go with the FI setup. Totally forgot about the header gaskets from Edelbrock until I found them in the boxes the cyl heads came in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linemanjl