had rough idle, now won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86chevyc10

Reaction score
First Name
Alejandro
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
thanks man i will. :)

UPDATE: checked for spark, plug in the wire sitting on my inner fender where i could see it as i cranked. it made that binding sound again and only for the few rotations it cranked fine did i get spark. as long as it struggled i got no spark. i wonder if something is wrong with my distributor. i tore it apart to get more overall timing out of it and shortly after it started acting up but i've checked twice and everything seems fine. i've always heard those less expensive HEI distributors are junk, and about half of the reviews on summit are complaints of them falling apart.

Last edited:

jetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I have an '83 which has had chronic carb issues with the root cause being "trash" coming up thru the fuel system. I strongly suspect the 32 year old rubber fuel lines on my truck are coming apart internally, partly due to age and partly due to federally mandated methanol. I am in process of replacing ALL the old rubber fuel lines on my square.

86chevyc10

Reaction score
First Name
Alejandro
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have an '83 which has had chronic carb issues with the root cause being "trash" coming up thru the fuel system. I strongly suspect the 32 year old rubber fuel lines on my truck are coming apart internally, partly due to age and partly due to federally mandated methanol. I am in process of replacing ALL the old rubber fuel lines on my square.

i'd like to do the same but i just wanted to wait long enough to put a center mount tank under the bed and run good lines with AN fittings. the lines from the tank to steel lines are new and pump to carb is new as well so the steel lines probably sucked up some trash from the tank. i've actually torn my carburetor apart and cleaned it a few times in the last year alone so i feel your pain.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Offrode