Grill and bumper swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
Headache rack is cool,, the Bumper Guard things bolt on, no need to swap the whole bumper just to get them.
I finally have time this winter to do some of these things. I am just going to do the bumper guards for now and maybe do the grill later. How do you take the bumper guards off? How do you get to the bolts?

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I like the tube grills on the round eye trucks, but prefer the stock grill on the square headlight trucks.

There should be 2 bolts on each of the bumper guards. I can't remember if you can take them off with the bumper on the truck, or if you have to take it off. I was taking the bumper off anyways when I took off my bumper guards.

The headache rack rocks, especially since your dad made it. I just put one on my Power Stroke (after knocking the back window out again, dam firewood!), thinking of making one for my K20.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Your Dad did a really good job , it looks good on the truck !!

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Bottom grille
Top bumper

The aftermarket looks great though, it appears very nice but I like factory grilles on my trucks. Not a fan of bumper thingys, I try to keep my bumper OFF of stuff..:naughty:

86Apache

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Marvin
Truck Year
79 , 86 , 82
Truck Model
C10's ,K20
Engine Size
250 six, 350's
I finally have time this winter to do some of these things. I am just going to do the bumper guards for now and maybe do the grill later. How do you take the bumper guards off? How do you get to the bolts?

Carriage bolts, There should be nuts behind the bumper.

With old trucks you always have to say,, "should be" LOL

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I am curious what you guys think of this headache rack. I figured this thread was a good spot for it. My dad made it approximately 30 years ago and it's one of the few things I have of his so it has some sentimental value. I personally think it looks right at home on a squarebody. I am just curious. It wont hurt my feelings if people think it looks ugly. Haha.

You must be registered for see images attach
Im diggin it.

beaugranbois

Reaction score
First Name
Beau
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I do prefer the stock grilles but you would have to switch to the dual headlights for the grille to look and align right. And I do prefer the dual headlights as well. But I believe the dual headlights uses a different radiator support than the single headlight. So you would basically have to swap the radiator support the use and have the grille look right. I am not a big fan of the bumperettes but that is up to your personal preference. I also do like the headache rack but if it was mine I would cut the top tube and bring those side tubes in a couple inches so that they match the contour of the cab. Just think it would look a little better and you could keep the part your dad made.

B.K. Cunningham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
25 Hundred
Engine Size
no tube grille, swap the bumpers and totally badass headache rack and I'm a gmc guy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg