Grill and bumper swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
I am just curious as to what combination people like best. My 87 came with this aftermarket grill. I dont mind it but I like the grill that's on my 86 half ton parts truck better. I also prefer the bumper from the 86 with the bumper guards or whatever they are called. So I think I am going to swap the bumper and grill from my 86 to my 87 r10. What combo do you like best? I still am not 100 percent on this. I hate taking things apart that are working perfectly fine. But I think it will look nicer if I swap.

You must be registered for see images attach

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
I personally don't care for the phantom billet/tube grilles all that much, so i'd vote bumperettes and the bottom grille if it cleans up real nice. Use whichever bumper is in better condition. I'd try and give the bottom grille a fresh coat of paint on the stripe to match the body too.

Westislander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I flop back and forth on the grilles, but today I’m going with the bottom. I prefer the top for bumpers

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I personally don't care for the phantom billet/tube grilles all that much, so i'd vote bumperettes and the bottom grille if it cleans up real nice. Use whichever bumper is in better condition. I'd try and give the bottom grille a fresh coat of paint on the stripe to match the body too.
Fwiw, that body color stripe in the grille is actually a vinyl applique, that can be peeled off. It's shiny chrome underneath.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Fwiw, that body color stripe in the grille is actually a vinyl applique, that can be peeled off. It's shiny chrome underneath.
Learn something new everyday! I would've never guessed that.

crpntr78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'd go with the bumper and grill from the '86. Factory grills always look better to me. But opinions are like belly buttons, everybody has one.

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
I am curious what you guys think of this headache rack. I figured this thread was a good spot for it. My dad made it approximately 30 years ago and it's one of the few things I have of his so it has some sentimental value. I personally think it looks right at home on a squarebody. I am just curious. It wont hurt my feelings if people think it looks ugly. Haha.

K201979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hippie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350ci
Even if it was ugly, id rock it cuz it was ur dads but i think it looks good. Wish i had one. I get nervous every time my nine year old helps with firewood. Damn, i said all that before i saw the bowtie. I love it!

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I like it David, especially since it was Dad's. I would keep...

86Apache

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Marvin
Truck Year
79 , 86 , 82
Truck Model
C10's ,K20
Engine Size
250 six, 350's
Headache rack is cool,, the Bumper Guard things bolt on, no need to swap the whole bumper just to get them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL