Grease seal won’t sit flush with rotor C20 3/4 ton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thecantaloupeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dawson
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I’ve tried asking this question on the facebook group but got no helpful answers. The race is 100% FOR CERTAIN ALL THE WAY SEATED, but the seal sticks up maybe an 1/8” of an inch. This is also how both the old grease seals were before.
I was hitting the seal so hard with the seal driver and hammer that it bent the ends of the seal and still didn’t go down any.

Please can someone tell me with a 3/4 TON C20 2WD ONLY (Mine is a 78 with 1.25" rotors) if their seals also look like this? I got a lot of guys with c10s, k10s, or k20s telling me theirs was flush but they all use different parts. At this point it has to be normal right?

I had the same issue with a brand new set of rotors, bearings, and seal so It can’t be a defect or anything.

My grease seal is a masterpro from oreillys which is the exact dimensions as a National 8974S which is also the same dimensions as plenty of other grease seals I’ve looked at.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The seal is up against the bearing, so it can't possibly go in any further. It's been a while since I've done a rotor swap on a C20 and I'm not taking mine off... but I would run that if it fits up fine on the spindle.

You haven't been around much lately, how have things been?

thecantaloupeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dawson
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
Hey bucket! I haven’t been doing much work to my truck recently, but I have been getting more into it. I hit a pillar that my mirror got caught on and it almost completely ruined the passenger door So I bought a set of doors from the junkyard imma get painted. I want to get the regular car style mirrors instead of the big camper mirrors so that doesn’t happen again Also am working on getting some 16” steelies that I’m going to paint and put BFG KO2s on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
di11ard