Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
looking at these at a local tire shop to go on a C20 4x2 for a friend since he is not able to come and shop for his own tires ( in the hospital with back surgery ).
they are a load range E tire with a high void tread he needs them since he does construction and goes through mud and stuff including snow.

they are 159.48 each plus tax mount balance they had some Bf Goodrich commercial traction tires in too but they are 202.37 plus tax and what not.

any ideas would be help full

- Jake

85K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I was looking at these once also. I looked online for reviews and got mixed emotions on them. What scared me was that some reviews said the tread would just fall apart. Some seemed to like them also. They look good though. Good Luck.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
i am just not a fan of goodyear tires, just does not seem like a well built tire and i sell a lot of tires at the shop

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
i am just not a fan of goodyear tires, just does not seem like a well built tire and i sell a lot of tires at the shop

I'll agree with that, although there are still a few good models. They used to make great tires, but not so much in recent years. I really liked the Eagle RS-A and the old GT+4.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I haven't had any good luck at all with Good Year tires in the last 20 years or so. Always had good luck with BF Goodrich All-Terrains and liked them even on a 2x4 since the tread pattern wasn't very aggressive, they weren't noisy in the least, seemed to be good traction on wet pavment and treadlife wasn't bad at all either. Being fair though, the only Good Year tires I've had a history with were all T-Spec tires that came on brand new trucks or SUV's. Had bad luck with some T-Spec Uniroyals too but had great luck with some retail bought Uniroyals. For those who don't know, T-Spec is what the auto manufactuer had the tire company build for them to theri spec to keep the cost down, so its common that T-Spec isn't as good a retail tire.

This is why Firestone and Ford went back and forth blaming each other on the big Firestone recall on Exlpoders flipping. Ford said, you built the tire its your fault, Firestone said, your engineers designed the tire, we just built it, Ford says, but you're the tire expert you should have told us 2 belts was needed instead of 1. blah blah blah So they were actually both guilty. The good news was, because of that T-Spec Firestone AT tire recall, the Firestone AT Retail tire also had to wear the same badge, so I bought 2 sets of those retail AT Firestones and had awesome luck with them and even sold 2 trucks with them still on it like brand new. I also bought them for about a 1/3 of retail price and was given and much better warranty than the standard retail. It was just Firestones way of trying to sell what they had left of them since the public was so scared of them and the tires were perfectly fine. That's what the hype of media does for some companies.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
the firestone destination at and le and real good tires, have the at on the 87 and the wifes truck, sell a lot of them at work with no complaints

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
the firestone destination at and le and real good tires, have the at on the 87 and the wifes truck, sell a lot of them at work with no complaints

There you go, The Destination was the part I couldn't remember, but yes, I had great luck with the retail verson of those tires after the Ford/Firestone hype.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
My brother in law had a '98 S-10 and worked at a ford dealer in '99. He wore out the original Uniroyals and picked up a free set of Wilderness AT's from an explorer. He rolled that truck several months later, haha.

Although, it wasn't the tires that caused it... it was more likely because he beat the snot out of that truck and drove like an idiot :crazy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Green K10