Good Quality Rear Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
I am in search of a good quality rear bumper for my 1978 Chevrolet Silverado C10. I was at a salvage yard yesterday looking for other items, as well as the bumper, and apparently trucks always get hit from the rear as there are no good rear bumpers (and very few front because they are not taken off gently :( )

I am looking for suggestions on where I can order a good quality rear bumper that isn't like tin.

Thanks.

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
Most likely another salvage yard would have one,or might have to visit a few more.It’s worth it compared to the price and quality that LMC carries in my opinion.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I had a hard time finding nice factory front or rear bumpers too. I ended up finally finding a nice front bumper from an 83 that fits nice on my 80... then I found a crazy heavy duty rear chrome bumper from a guy for $50. It took a bunch of fabrication to make the mounting brackets for it, but the thing must weigh about 200 lbs or more. I pity the car that rear ends me with that thing hanging off the back, and it seems to have smoothed out the ride a bit too.

Most factory replacement bumpers I've seen are pretty flimsy, and the originals usually haven't managed to survive undamaged. I'd maybe just keep an eye on local sales sites and local junkyards. The right deal will pop up eventually.

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
Thank you. I would really like an old bumper......they were real bumpers.......unlike the tin S**T that is out there now. I have an aftermarket step w/diamond plate which my dad decided would be a choice when it was being repainted. :( I can find plenty of original step bumpers, but not rolled, or pan, bumpers. I will keep looking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shepard te