Going Poly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
I replaced my rear spring bushings this past weekend. The job went pretty well. The old bushings looked like they were original. These two were the last ones that I had to do. The trucks suspension has been redone front and back. With the new shocks and all the other work she rides better then New.:cool:

Attachments

• bushing junk.jpg
    bushing junk.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 29
  • rear spring.jpg
    rear spring.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 30
  • removing bushing.jpg
    removing bushing.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 25

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I replaced my rear spring bushings this past weekend. The job went pretty well. The old bushings looked like they were original. These two were the last ones that I had to do. The trucks suspension has been redone front and back. With the new shocks and all the other work she rides better then New.:cool:
You must mean it rides stiffer than new? I love poly, I have it in every bushing and mount on the truck. The stiffness is negligible but the rubber dry rots fast in the desert heat. The best poly bushings are the ones impregnated with graphite. It "might" help with squeaking for those that don't maintain them with occasional silicon grease. If you really want a noticeable difference in the way she handles, consider the Jeep steering shaft swap. Like night and day. But, nice job and enjoy.

Jawzjeep

Honk if parts fall off
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I had to do every kind of destruction to get the last set of oem style I removed.

@SquareRoot have you ever tried Delrin? I've never tried to make a leaf spring bushing but you can buy blocks of it to make bushings out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackscott2005