Glove Box Latch 73-87 (91) Chevy GMC Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
IIRC square body trucks never had a factory locking glovebox. My Dad used the latch and knob from the 68-72 GM midsize cars, I believe....I know it was an earlier model than our square body trucks.
If noone has responded yet, YES they certainly did. My 84 for sure has a locking glove box.

Muddybuddy

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
My 87 has a locking box. Bought a new one from LMC after the old one argued with my cut off wheel.
Eric
Did you order from them recently? Wanted to order but have been holding off with the challenges ppl seem to be having

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
Did you order from them recently? Wanted to order but have been holding off with the challenges ppl seem to be having

it's been a year or so since I've ordered from them, but I never had any issues with LMC across more than a dozen orders.

rwjtexas

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
Hey @Muddybuddy I went through upgrading my Glovebox from non-locking to locking and updating my console lock as well ... I had both keyed to match the door key ...

I will have to get my notes together to share ..

The lock cylinders are different but the Bezel and lock clip are the same in both. The lock cylinder in the Consoles are longer than the glove boxes. The original glove box locks in mid 80's were non lockable while the console was. I have an 85 and I just made mine locable.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Was it maybe an option? I remember that Dad had to add this to our square body Burbs.
Yes it was an option. Not all of them got it. I think maybe Silverados got it, the lower trim lines did not unless it was special ordered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL