giving up on the switching fuel valve,,,,,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ilike55s

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
305?
Hello to all and hope i can get an answer for this issue.
I have a 1982 Silverado that had a very sick 305, so I overhauled a 454, lashed everything up and got it running with a temporary fuel supply. (coffee can) The PO told me he had replaced the switching valve "Several" times and now it must be bad again as it will not switch between tanks. Checked the 12 VDC at the valve and is good but no noise or nuttin from the valve. I need to sell the trk to pay some of my wife's Dialysis bills and am wanting to just bypass the switching valve and just direct route the fuel line from the passenger tank to the line going to carb and same for the return line. Then isolate the driver side tank and let the new owner handle it as he wants to.
Are there any issues I need to know before hand? Many thanks

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
None I can think of. Just rubber line it from the tank to the hard lines and forget the switch. Have a buyer?

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
I have dual tanks on my 85 C10. Bypassed the passenger side by just running the lines straight to the fuel/return lines from the drivers side tank. I have new tanks on both sides, plan to use the passenger side at another time. My switching valve is a 6 port. There are also 4 ports.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx