General Engine Related Talk and Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
ahhhh hell no. When wives get in bad moods, take them to the bedroom for some attention, snuggle with them for 15 minutes, then you get up and go the garage. Then when done in the garage, come in, and hit it again. Really, women in bad moods aren't that hard to handle. Can't have an unhappy wife cuz you know the **** runs downhill.

lol... you are right on there!

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
drove it. leaking gas ... motor feels strong

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
looks like the fuel pump area,(I parked it after it pissed all over the driveway)... Im pretty sure it just needs some new rubber hoses and should be good to go. oh the tranny line is dripping too, smdh if its not one thing, its another.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
looks like the fuel pump area,(I parked it after it pissed all over the driveway)... Im pretty sure it just needs some new rubber hoses and should be good to go. oh the tranny line is dripping too, smdh if its not one thing, its another.

Isn't that the truth. You just gotta keep plugging away at it and sooner or later you'll get her goin. :happy160:

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
havent touched it in months... maybe this weekend ill have some free time to work on it

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
new rubber hose from the fuel pump to the hard feed line... leak stopped. oil leak from the valve cover now. pulled the valve covers, found the leak. found one of the head bolts broken off and hanging out next to the valve springs... wtf truck! I dont want to pull it all apart again!!! might look for a running motor on cl and pull it out. my bro said he'd take it off my hands for 2500. think ill do it. so the old valve covers are going back on and im gonna drop it off at his house so he can run it till it blows up. damn!

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
so i did sell the k10 to the BIL, well he gave me 1000 of the 2500 he offered me... still waiting on the other 1500lol... he still wheels the hell out of it, even with the broken off head bolt, that things runs strong and fires up every time, 4x4 still holding strong! im pretty impressed its held together through all the abuse he gives it lol ...

im looking at a 73c10 tomorrow, looking forward to it and having a short box 2 wheel drive to hot rod out, guess we'll see tomorrow... oh and its good to be back on gmsq!!

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
picked up the 73 c10 today... im pretty happy, its got a holley carb and intake, headers then what looks like 2.5 pipe to the flows and it dumps out the side, posi. sounds kinda like a thumper cam, it was real lopey, i liked it a lot! but it ran like it needed a serious tune up and dial in, slugish bottom end, feels like the timing is way out... im gonna need some help with this, the only holley carb i ever had ran perfect and i never adjusted it all all ... well heres a few pics, i talked the guy down from 3k to 2300, heres some pics ...

You must be registered for see images attach

the interior is embarrassing and will get painted or replaced

wheels and tires all match, side pipe is pretty cool i think

and its a 73!! NO SMOG!!!!!!!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Looks like a new alternator. :popcorn: Those Holley carbs are pretty simple to dial in. Adjust your floats and set your idle adjustments.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I like those buckets. I would just have them re upholstered and truck on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
Looks like a new alternator. :popcorn: Those Holley carbs are pretty simple to dial in. Adjust your floats and set your idle adjustments.

yep, and the carb, so he said ...
so i thought my carb was messed up, but when i was starting it up today ... (it would start up and then shut off like it wasnt getting any gas).. i noticed the ignition switch was messed up! smh. if i hold the key just before the starter kicks on then the truck will stay running. so my next question is how hard is it to change the ignition cylinder? is there an easy way to hot wire the ignition and just use the key to unlock the shifter, maybe wire in a start button? lol i just want to take it for a spin but cant with the damn thing turning itself off whenever it feels like it

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
I like those buckets. I would just have them re upholstered and truck on.

i thought about that. it would be cool... but I have two kids that both want to ride in it with me ...lol looks like ill be going with a 60/40 maybe, if i can find a cheap one, that would be ideal, then just fab up some mounts

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Don't throw those buckets out. Somebody will want them

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
yep, and the carb, so he said ...
so i thought my carb was messed up, but when i was starting it up today ... (it would start up and then shut off like it wasnt getting any gas).. i noticed the ignition switch was messed up! smh. if i hold the key just before the starter kicks on then the truck will stay running. so my next question is how hard is it to change the ignition cylinder? is there an easy way to hot wire the ignition and just use the key to unlock the shifter, maybe wire in a start button? lol i just want to take it for a spin but cant with the damn thing turning itself off whenever it feels like it

Maybe the switch is loose and out of adjustment. It's bolted to the column.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
504SquareBody