Garage Heater Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I've only had to deal with temps in the low 30's but I can tell you that walmart sells a little heater with a built in fan for $15 that can get a small room really toasty. One of the few times something cheap and imported actually works better than I expected. I bet two or three would give you nice heat all around the garage. They are only about 12"x 5" x 5" and sit nicely just about anywhere. It's a cheap way to go and if you dont use it often and just want instant heat wherever you are it might be a good option. You can point them wherever you are working and they really crank out heat for how small and cheap they are. ive had mine in my garage for about 4 years now and still works like a champ. I also use it as my heat gun quite often lol.

You must be registered for see images attach
I find those type of heaters operating on the floor in dusty conditions get plugged up frequently. Compressed air from the front to blow it out helps but eventually get plugged with the nano of all dust storms and then that's about it for the little heat boxes.

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
This is what I had. Natural gas from the factory. Converted my uncles to propane, and keeps the shop nice even below 0 in Idaho.

http://www.modinehvac.com/web/products/residential-gashydronic-unit-heaters-hotdawg.htm

We garage is all electric. Now I did a ductless mini split. Works great, and have AC and dehumidifying as well. I do HVAC for a living, so everything is done at cost. Otherwise, I might just choose to layer clothing to save $$$

https://comfortup.com/products/gree...3gIVzB6tBh1Oygr5EAQYASABEgIOevD_BwE&id=CU1952

Thanks

mrburitto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Cheyenne Camper Special, C30 Crew Cab Dualy
Engine Size
350, 496
I find those type of heaters operating on the floor in dusty conditions get plugged up frequently. Compressed air from the front to blow it out helps but eventually get plugged with the nano of all dust storms and then that's about it for the little heat boxes.

Well I live in the desert and am surrounded by sand but I havent had any problems. I do blow it out every now and then. I guess they might though if there was more moisture in the air.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike