Fuse box plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overthedge21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
M1010
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
Can anyone here find or know of any diagrams that show which wires on the fuse box plug in the engine bay go to which fuse? I have looked and looked and cannot find any. I need to know because I want to check the ignition wires, and my injectors have to be hooked back up, but I don't know which pin hole on the plug is for ECM 1 fuse. Truck is an 87 v10 Silverado

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
You must be registered for see images attach

Overthedge21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
M1010
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
I don't suppose you or anyone else has a pic of the wires from the injectors that go to the fuse box, a pic of them actually going into the other half of the plug, or whee they splice into. The supposed ECM 1 pin in my plug is occupied by a different wire

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I apologize for giving you the location of the wrong pin. I saw this and figured you were looking for where the power for the distributor came through the block:

I need to know because I want to check the ignition wires,

As for as power to the injectors:

It is fed from the ECM1 fuse - like the ignition power.

There is one common hot wire that serves both injectors. It transits the main firewall connection block as a PNK/BLK - at the pin shown below:

After exiting the engine side of the block, the common PNK/BLK leads to a splice point. The wires branch off from the splice and feed both injectors (along with some other controls). After the splice point, the leads are not PNK/BLK - they are all different colors:

The two hot leads that feed the injectors - from the splice - are RED (#1) and WHT (#2).

The ECM controls injection duration by grounding the leads connected to the other side of the injector's operating coil. Those 2 leads are included with the wiring group that runs from the ECM through the firewall on the RH side. The are LT BLU (1) & LT GRN (2). Here is the wiring bundle and where they enter the cab:

There is a gap between the firewall connection block and the back side of the fuse block. It's not like the fuse block is part of the transit block. It is mounted to it, but is held away (about 3/4") from it by stand-offs in the corners. This gap is there to provide room for the wires to be lead away. So, be aware that the hot wire (PNK/BLK) - like all the other wires coming into the cab - will have a short length that runs from the transit block to the back of the fuse block. The fuse block is secured to the transit block by two screws - located in the upper RH & lower LH corners. If you want to inspect the PNK/BLK lead (or check that I know what I'm talking about) release the two screws and pull the fuse block away from the transit. There is enough slack in the wiring to kind of twist the fuse block and enable you to see what's going on behind it.

Last edited:

Overthedge21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
M1010
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
This should solve my problem, now that I know where it is. Thanks for the pics, saved me a lot of time searching every pin in the box

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus