Fueling issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PnwK20

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Cheyenne
Engine Size
I was driving my truck and it was driving fine but occasionally if would act like it was about to die but then come back to life and continue to drive fine for a while than do it again then back to normal and it did this a few times until it completely died and never started back up. I have plenty of gas in the driver tank the passenger was low but I was driving on the driver tank. So I replaced the mechanical pump and hose to the carb with a new filter, the carb is about a year old. I pulled the passenger tank today I'm replacing the sending unit and rubber lines. When I pulled the selector off I broke the nipple so I'm trying to find a new one but mine looks like none I can find. Is there a way I can skip the selector completely and run hose from the steel Fuel line to the tank sending unit? Is there a way I can bypass the selector? Here's a pic of my selector valve

Attachments

• IMG_1756.jpg
    IMG_1756.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 54

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
just put a hose where the selector was. last time I needed one the three port selector was available at a regular parts store. as a matter of fact so was the 6 port. it's a good idea to check all your rubber lines all the way from the tank to the carb. highdesertranger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charkmapman