New gas tanks and sending units

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ron1445

Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Bought a new to me 79 K10 a couple of weeks ago. Had a botched TH350 shift kit installed that was beyond my minimal automatic transmission skills so took it to a local shop with a good reputation. They fixed the transmission just fine, but I suspect maybe raising it on the lift or maybe working on the transmission apparently bumped the driver side gas tank and I got it back with a slow drip of gas from the vicinity of the rear strap. Gas gauge wasn’t working properly anyway so I decided to pull the tank and replace both the tank and the sending unit. Tanks wouldn’t switch either so figured would fix that too while I’m under there. So ordered a new tank and sending unit from LMC. Ordered the two outlets unit listed for a 79 but when I pulled the tank today it has a 3 outlet. Since I already ordered the two outlet and it’s supposed to be the right one for the truck I’m thinking to just block the third hose. This truck was originally sold in California, thinking that might be why it had the three outlets on a79….and using the two outlet unit I’ve already ordered…. Is this a bad plan?

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I'd want an 87 sender so I had the option of in tank pump in the future,or now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad