Fuel tank vent valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80elky

Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have a 78 k10 (fleetside) and I just bought a new fuel tank. I noticed that there is a spot for a vent valve right next to the filler inlet. The old tank just had some 5/8 hose and a transfer case vent on it. What type of vent valve should I put on it?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I have a 78 k10 (fleetside) and I just bought a new fuel tank. I noticed that there is a spot for a vent valve right next to the filler inlet. The old tank just had some 5/8 hose and a transfer case vent on it. What type of vent valve should I put on it?
One with a safety stopper possibly, so in a roll over gas cant come out the vent

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
My ‘75 has that vent line connected to a factory metal line that goes to the engine compartment and the vapor canister. A transfer case vent hose with an open vent might work, but you may smell the gas vapor when the weather is hot.

Bruce

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size

My ‘75 has that vent line connected to a factory metal line that goes to the engine compartment and the vapor canister. A transfer case vent hose with an open vent might work, but you may smell the gas vapor when the weather is hot.

Bruce
If it's the line I'm thinking, Bruce is correct that line from the factory would have gone to the vapor canister, which I'm guessing has been removed. I'm also guessing you meant to post 3/8" line not 5/8". And yes you can use a transfer case or diff vent on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86 Square Body