fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jt1200r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
4.3/th400/3.08
well got it working, new pump, new relay, the pump came from auto zone. i guess next time ill get a reliable one first

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
you mprobably got a master brand fuel pump, have used them in a couple of dodges without issues

WHEELMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BILL
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
454 v8
In case you do not know this.you can buy those.electric pumps..through amazon.com..all the name brands.i just bought one for my-96 chevy exspress van..saved over a hundred dollars..checked the three big three.got the part numbers and went to amazon..no shipping charges and no taxes either.made out like a bandit..

WHEELMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BILL
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
454 v8
i read up on these pumps.before i bought the replacement-for my van-some do not last long.and the stores.and the dealer.try to rip you a new one on the price.i think i read.the mfg-gm they use delphi pumps.

you can see them all at amazon.com and buy the one.you want.i read.you got to watch.the grounds.and all so.the wires can break off.the new pump.comes with the new plug/wire.

the gas in your tank.cools these things.i have had..relays go bad before.pump pressure is supposed to be 60 lbs.i ran my old pump.for a long time.pumping 52.i had some.hard starting problems too..

the new pump.took care of that.problem.my van has that 350R vortec

jt1200r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
4.3/th400/3.08
ill have to remember that. it was only $51 at auto zone. then $6 for the filter. why dont they just charge extra and give you the damn filter

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
i read up on these pumps.before i bought the replacement-for my van-some do not last long.and the stores.and the dealer.try to rip you a new one on the price.i think i read.the mfg-gm they use delphi pumps.

you can see them all at amazon.com and buy the one.you want.i read.you got to watch.the grounds.and all so.the wires can break off.the new pump.comes with the new plug/wire.

the gas in your tank.cools these things.i have had..relays go bad before.pump pressure is supposed to be 60 lbs.i ran my old pump.for a long time.pumping 52.i had some.hard starting problems too..

the new pump.took care of that.problem.my van has that 350R vortec

Easy there wheelman. Runnng 60PSI would likely demolish a TBI system. Carb systems use 4-7psi, I beleive its 14-18PSI for TBI systems, then of course the MultiPort or SFI (Sequential Fuel Injeciton) the Vortec uses, I'll use what you suggested at 60PSI, which does seem high. Trick is to have the proper amount of fuel pressure to be able to push fuel through the injector tip for the proper injection spray for whatever system you have. Just wanted to point out the pressure difference so those who have a TBI square don't go looking for the 60psi pump. Otherwise, great info. You're right about the ground wire though. I've heard tht before about the cheaper pumps, that the ground tab where the wire attatches to the pump can break off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikejeden