Fuel Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454/Fishing trk

Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I was wondering if any of you have ran into this problem? I have a 1986 SWB with a 468 Eng. 400 turbo and 342 Posi / gears, originally was a 305 CI truck. ( with duel tanks ). I have changed the distributor 3 times, manual fuel pump and electric, as well 2 new edelbrock 750 Carbs with electric choke. running down the road the truck does fine when floored, ( usually ) but pulling out in traffic with quick acceleration it sounds like a calf caught in a gate. like it runs out of fuel? let out of the gas and ease into it it will accelerate like normal as long as not pushed. i know the factory 454 trucks utilize a bigger fuel line, a friend of mine with the same problem changed out his fuel line he has same problem as mine still. The fuel line did not fix his problem either. Is there a difference in the fuel selector valve from small block to big block? < the only thing i have not changed ! any help would be appreciated.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Wondering if you need to rejet the carb. Do a little searching around and you should find info on jetting the eddy carb. Hopefully some others chime in here too.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
:welcome: from N.E.
You must be registered for see images attach

Your fuel selector would have nothing to do with it. Do you have a fuel line running close to the exhaust? Might be vapor locking. Like George said Jetting. Valve body in the carb. Floats could be adjusted wrong. With the 468 are you using a 93 octane fuel? What size fuel pump are you using, stock, or a higher volume pump?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
hmmm? I'm thinking maybe an adjustment on the accelerator pump on the carb. That big block might want alot more fuel from a take off full throttle stab. :shrug: Not sure but maybe worth a try playing with it. IIRC, there are 3 different positions on the Eddy carbs for the accelerator pump.

Welcome to GMSB !!!

attachment.php

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69