Fuel Line Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

equality72521

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7L 350
So I'm going to put my neck out there with a seemingly dumb question...
The fuel lines in my '87 V20 are getting pretty crusty and multiple leaks have already been hose patched. I'd like to redo the lines completely. When I went to my local NAPA and asked the "kid" for fuel lines, he tried to give me hose. When I asked for hard line, he pointed me to the rack of brake lines. When I asked about copper-nickel tubing, he said..."What?"
So, what are people using these days for fuel line and where do you get it? Mild steel brake line? Nylon? Rubber hose all the way?! Braided hose is out of my price range. She'll never be a show truck, so replicating the factory is not a concern, but I want it done right. Bed is off the truck, so now is the time.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Brake and fuel I use Poly-Armour easiest stuff to work with and has a rust preventive coating, available in straight or rolls at just about any parts store, I get it at the Zone..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krogers98gmc