Bubbling fuel filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Question for you all. Just got home, and noticed my fuel filter is bubbling. I never noticed it doing this before, but am wondering if there's anything I can do to prevent this? I don't notice any changes in performance driving wise, but just concerned. I have a piece of rubber fuel line around the steel line in front of the block so not sure if this is keeping the line hot or not. It's been warm, okay, HOT here in Az, and my temp gauge gets to a point and stays there. Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Photos are of my Temp gauge, fuel line against the engine(Hard to see), and the overall view of my fuel line and filter. Should I take the rubber line off the steel? The bubbling isn't continuous, but bubbles show up every few seconds. I have video but it's too large to upload.

Attachments

• IMG_6735.JPG
    IMG_6735.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6734.JPG
    IMG_6734.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6733.JPG
    IMG_6733.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 50

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I feel your pain. I'm in Yuma :flamingdevil: I just put a check valve on my fuel rail to help prevent the fuel from boiling off during heatsoak when the pressure bleeds off after shutdown. Didn't do a damn thing! Apparently, it don't work with a bypass regulator.

BurbanPena

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
new fuel evaporates because of the ethanol the phenolic plate will keep the fuel from evaporating out of your carburetor

BurbanPena

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
I have the plate between the carb and intake
did you try using some kind of heat wrap/ sleeve to insulate your fuel line. also I would verify that your temp gauge is accurate use a temperature gun to confirm that the temperature gauge is actually showing the correct temperature you may be running hotter then its reading I had this issue before. had a 84 dully that would bubble up just like yours

also what fuel pump are you using ???

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
I'm running a stock fuel pump. No issues until the day I posted this. Now the engine started dieseling a little when it's hot.

BurbanPena

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Does that have the 3 lines going to the fuel pump ? and do you have a fuel regulator

edelbrock carbs require 6 psi of fuel they do make a fuel pump that is internally regulated to 6 psi and it doesn't require a return line
not sure what the stock fuel pump is putting out but the fuel can dead head if the pressure has no where to go and that can cause the fuel to heat up as well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag