Fuel filler Neck Hose Part# Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshdub

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Fuel filler Neck Hoses Needed

Hey guys,

Someone slashed the rubber hoses that go from the fuel filler neck to the saddle tanks on both sides in my 80 custom deluxe long bed. The only hoses that I see appear to be much longer than the ones that I need. Can anyone tell me if I need part 4, 11, or 12? I apologize for my noobishness.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Joshdub

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I think 20 gallon. They are huge tanks. I'll order one and see if it fits, thanks!

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI
I think 20 gallon. They are huge tanks. I'll order one and see if it fits, thanks!

You're welcome, has worked great for me. :cheers:

Joshdub

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I got it in the mail today and installed it.

Hose Gates 24716 1''3/4 fuel hose
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00&tag=viglink24017-20
Here are my notes for others;

You'll need to trim down the end that mates to the tank by a couple inches. The stock hose tapers, so while the fuel cap side of the hose is the correct size, the fuel tank side of the hose is much too large. The inner diameter of the gates hose is the same as the outer diameter of the stock hose. I ghetto rigged it by using two or so inches of the old hose slid into the end of the Gates hose and slid that entire thing over the tank neck. Worked, doesn't leak, and now allows me to get gas in the truck instead of all over the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76