Fuel delivery problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yapay

Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I’ve got an 87 TBI 350. I need some help with figuring out what’s going on with one of my fuel tanks. About 1-2 months ago I replaced the whole fuel system. Tanks, pumps, lines from tanks to switch over to TBI, TBI, fuses and relay. In the past week or two the left hand tank has been giving me trouble with stalling out my truck on the road. Not sure why it’s doing it. Sometimes it’ll run just fine and all of a sudden it’ll die and won’t restart on that tank. Switch to the right tank and fires up no problem. Then maybe a day or two later I’ll go back to the tank and it’ll be no problem. Now I’ve not replaced any wirings on the truck so I was thinking maybe it’s a connector or wiring problem. I’m just not sure where to start with it. Any ideas or anything would be really helpful.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Maybe check your tank venting. When it does it take the cap off and see if it will start and run.

Yapay

Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Maybe check your tank venting. When it does it take the cap off and see if it will start and run.
I'll do that the next time I run on that tank. Been really busy and forgot to check for a reply. I'll update on what I find.

Yapay

Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
As an aside I haven't gotten it to happen again. So still no idea why it did it and won't do it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS