Front sway bar bushing replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhenderz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Has anyone found an easy way to replace the bushings on the front sway bar on these trucks? I am not talking about the center (fwd) 2 bushings that the bar pivots on. Those are easy. I am talking about the 2 that are press fit into the ends where the bar is bolted into the leaf spring brackets (at the axle).

Here are the ones I am talking about -

You must be registered for see images attach

I had to burn & drill the old ones out of the bar. These new ones (AC Delco brand) appear to be at least 1/8inch in diameter larger than the hole in the end of the bar.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I don't know if your truck is lifted, but on my last 2 trucks I've run ORD's sway bar disconnect kit. It really improves the ride. You need 2" of lift to run them. They also sell replacement bushings.

https://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/swaybarkit.htm

You must be registered for see images

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
cant comment on the acdelco brand. When I replaced all my bushings I went with ORD stuff as well. everything seemed to go in easy with some grease. Then again, two piece polys are a different situation than rubber oem type.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Has anyone found an easy way to replace the bushings on the front sway bar on these trucks? I am not talking about the center (fwd) 2 bushings that the bar pivots on. Those are easy. I am talking about the 2 that are press fit into the ends where the bar is bolted into the leaf spring brackets (at the axle).

Here are the ones I am talking about -

I had to burn & drill the old ones out of the bar. These new ones (AC Delco brand) appear to be at least 1/8inch in diameter larger than the hole in the end of the bar.

You just need to get really angry putting them in... with a press.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly