Front end ticking..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
That's not a terrible suggestion ^

To answer the query, there is such a thing as an "AC delete pulley" sold for that truck/engine which replaces the compressor with a simple idler pulley type thing. I believe you also must buy a differently sized belt but it's really just that simple. Less than $100.

If the AC manifold has really been destroyed? Figure at least a cool $500 to repair that system before it'll blow de-humifided air again.

Just sayin. Tough break.
Post pix next time.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Alternatively you could just choose to ignore it and drive the truck.

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
I picked up a mechanics stethoscope, and was still really struggling to pin-point the exact location the noise seemed to be coming from. After some more research into different forums of people complaining about noises in small blocks. Someone had commented that it could simple be the serpentine belt being to big and slapping around.

Fortunately I had another belt around from I don’t know what, but it fit and was a little bit smaller than the one on the truck. And the noise is gone!
Looking back I guess it makes sense, seeing how much the old belt was moving around. Oh well, took a nice drive today with no issues. Thanks for the comments everyone, enjoy the upcoming weekend.

rt66paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
paul
Truck Year
1991 suburban
Truck Model
Engine Size
I don't know where you live, but around here, AC is very important and well worth it. I would find a way, unless you have a field truck, then you could take the doors off for extra air flow.

peats

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
72k5, 81c10 short step, 83k10 short fleet, 03 SSR. 25 chevy doodlebug
Truck Model
k5 c10 k10 SSR doodlebug
Engine Size
406 360 6.2 5.3 171
how did you just "tighten up the loose ones" under the valve cover??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC