Front End Common Replacement Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesse

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I recently bought an 85 K10 out of California. I'm looking to make it as dependable and ride as comfortable as possible(lol). Just looking for a quick heads up on things I should replace on the front end besides, ball joints, ujoints, wheel bearings, swapping out the auto hubs which are broken for manual ones, and a new front steering stabilizer, calipers, rotors and pads. Anything else I should do while in there? The end goal is 33" tires, 4" lift, and a vortec swap.

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
the steering drag link(goes from steering box to front tire) also the center drag link(runs from one knuckle to the other.. across the front of the axle)

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
also check the rag joint I replaced mine with a universal one

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If you are gonna do all that may as well do rubber brake lines up front and ther one in back.

cbrodine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
Replacing all the rubber brakes lines is a great idea, and replacing the rag joint is an even better one. I've had on break...while driving. NOT something you want to have happen.

BowTieJockey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trey
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
While it's that torn apart I would pull the carrier and pinion and check all of those bearings and races for cracks or uneven wear. But then again you can go ahead and get all new ones that way you know there good.

Posted from my phone in my lap during class

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
if you want it like new replace all parts, that move and can wear. o yeah use quality replacement parts. if you do this you won't worry about it for another 20 years. highdesertranger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20