Front accessories, pullies etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Where can I get some good front accesory pulleys and brackets etc, don't need chrome or polished, but want to update all the old crappy brackets etc for my motor, it has a lot of old stuff that's been carved on and cut on etc, are there any kits available or do I just buy oem from somewhere? I found a used motor that has a ton of polished stuff for $450 bucks but not sure if it's worth it!

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I gave up on crappy aftermarket engine externals a few years ago - what they call chrome nowadays is a joke. The only aftermarket chrome parts I use are valve covers.

I only use OEM trim on any engine I rebuild. I get the pieces sandblasted at the local memorial shop (grave stone cutter) and coat them with silver caliper paint or POR-15. I bake the parts in the oven for a few hours. When they come out, they look real nice. And most important - because they are OEM steel and the finish is baked on - they stay that way.

Like this:
You must be registered for see images attach

This motor hasn't had a hood over it (or seen the inside of a garage) in more than two years. The only rust is on the valve covers:

Last edited:

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
I have a complete serp. setup for sale, all stock gm stuff with alum. brackets. it all came from a 4.3 s10 but fits sbc, alternator is shot and unsure of ac compressor condition as the system had no freon in it when pulled. I have the sbc water pump, fan, the bet, brackets, tensioner, all pulleys, even a power steering pump that fits it, but I'd need an old v belt type power steering back if you had one.

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I'm gonna try and do some searching locally. I'd imagine shipping would be killer on all that stuff! Lol I saw an add on Craigslist a little ways away from me had a 350 with a march pulley system on it, the guy wanted 800 for the whole motor, everything but headers, or 450 for the accessory drives etc, everything meant carb to oil pan all together, I don't need the motor, but then again for 350 dollars, if the motor was in decent shape, might be worth it. Pic isn't the best, supposed to get some more sent to me today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 63

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Updating to a GM serpentine setup might be a nice on the cheap upgrade. They started in the mid to late 80's on the 4.3L ST trucks, T400 CK trucks 4.3L V6 or smallblock V8, F-body V8 and, B-bodies with smallblock corporate V8s. The B bodes came with the 307Y Olds so if you find one of them with the serpentine setup it might be worth grabbing as swap fodder or just to sell.
Get everything from one engine including the bolts and the water pump (core to compare with new part). Don't try to mix-n-match.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misty Blue