Fresh oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texasmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know you were a travel agent. It's a little too far for a country day drive but if I had a Camper Special, I would probably do a sleep over.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know you were a travel agent. It's a little too far for a country day drive but if I had a Camper Special, I would probably do a sleep over.
LOL...not a travel agent, just had the map open and knew where Burleson was, so I plugged it in and then searched for directions to Conroe, copy the link, paste here.

texasmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I should have know where it was, just a brain fart I guess. Hell, I was born in this great state and have lived/worked here for my entire 80+years.

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
350 tbi
I just did a fresh oil change with Mobil 1. Within an hour, my cholesterol went down, my credit score went up, and my wife got better looking.
Thats just plain ridiculous.

Any particular type of Mobil 1? Asking for a friend.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
Scott, I'm not sure where Burleson is but if it's not too far from Conroe, I'd be happy to swing by from time to time and put some miles on your GMC.
As you've seen, it's a pretty good drive. We did take it out this weekend and it, as always, was a fun drive. Only put about 40 miles on it but it was a good 40 miles.

JBswth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
292 cubic inches
Is it just me or does anyone else, after laying on the ground flat on your back, think that the engine seems to run a little better and smoother following an oil and filter change?? Just wondering.
Probably just your imagination because you know you are doing something good for your engine. My brother used to think the same thing, then I borrowed his car, which he said needs the oil changed, and told him I changed it. It swore it ran better, then I showed him the dip stick. Ha Ha. I then changed the oil and filter for him, and he realized it ran the same. Keeping clean oil in it will help it last though, and a worn-out engine doesn't sound good, if it runs at all.

J.B.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I think it's the same principle as when you're pissed off, your truck or car runs better as you leave.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I use to work at a shop that EVERY vehicle that came into the shop got it's front windshield washed, and at least the front carpet vacuumed and dash board wiped down. No matter how bad it was inside. The company called it "clean & vac service N/C" Anyhow a couple of times a year at least we'd get someone that would come back or call that would say something to this effect My car was only in for a flat tire, but it runs so much better, smoother and better power, I think you guys might have mistakenly done a tune up. One guy was absolutely INSISTANT that we'd tune it up on accident because he was getting so much better fuel economy.

I'll tell you what, for me I feel good about myself and my truck when it's kept up. I enough being inside it more when it's clean inside, even if it's just the dash, windshield and hood.

texasmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I've always known that it's a mind thing but because I enjoy the thought and feeling, I leave it be. I must admit however, that my post has generated the response that it did. I have learned a thing or two and had some great laughs. Thanks everyone.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I can always run faster and don't miss 3 pointers when I get new tennis shoes.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
@SirRobyn0 ,when I worked the lube rack, MANY years ago, we had some people come in for a LOF, just to get their car cleaned out.....I swear!! Any thing and every thing under the seats, under the floor mats, stale cereal, still in the bowl and dirty diapers.....really!! Clean all the windows, vacuum all the floor and wipe it all down.....$3 labor, plus oil and filter and push the air filters! Maybe $25 total? The "Good Ole Days"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef