Frame cracked.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I was concerned about that, and installed these relocators. A few different companies produce them, and they are inexpensive. I think I paid about $40. It slightly improves the angle of the shock as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

Not mine, just a stock photo.
Do this just sit there with no connection to the bottom flange of the frame? If not given time I can see that tearing a chunk of frame off.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Yeah I was thinking more of a section that gets boxed around and welded in but I guess with the right hardware and support washers it could be ok.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Yeah I was thinking more of a section that gets boxed around and welded in but I guess with the right hardware and support washers it could be ok.
I’d tie it into the web and lower flange, but I tend to over engineer because I know how I’m gonna beat it.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Do this just sit there with no connection to the bottom flange of the frame? If not given time I can see that tearing a chunk of frame off.

Those were my thoughts too. But apparently it's a common item with the lowered 2wd crowd and they hold up fine.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Somehow I doubt guys are taking their lowered c-10's of road so us 4 wheel guys look at things and build a bit beefier, lol. I'd rather have a heavy rig than a broken part. Sometimes I have to step back and realize your needs may be different than mine.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Somehow I doubt guys are taking their lowered c-10's of road so us 4 wheel guys look at things and build a bit beefier, lol. I'd rather have a heavy rig than a broken part. Sometimes I have to step back and realize your needs may be different than mine.
Driving on the road is just as strenuous on components. Especially when lowering trucks and stiffer springs and bags.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
It can be certainly, but I was thinking he was needing stuff for a lifted truck. I keep forgetting this is not the Blazer forums, lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshuOne