Frame concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
i'm a firm believer in putting the profits in the hands of the guys that actually do the work, in this case, AutoFab. ORD does very little of their own fabrication, but they're very good at putting their sticker on someone else's handywork.

http://www.autofab.com/sbgk 100.htm

I got one of the frame braces, from Autofab about 19 years ago, and they use to have a guarantee if your frame broke with there brace, they would fix it or pay so much to have it fixed. I use to know the owner and his wife. I grew up in Lakeside, Ca. witch about 6 mile from Santee, Ca. were Autofab is at. I have one of the frame braces, and it has been on my 77 GMC for 18 years and the frame has never broke.

I know John sold Autofab, too who I don't know, but you won't find a better frame brace IMO

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
running large tires on a 4x4 will stress the frame where the steering box is causing it to crack you can buy a thingy to keep it from doing that at lmc truck
cant think of the name. :think:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Mine has'nt cracked yet, but intend to use the bracket as prevention. This way its even stronger than using that bracket after the crack.

Camo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 extended cab 4x4
Engine Size
4.8 V8
I made a fishplate for mine and welded it to the frame then made a crossover bar to support the gearbox. made everything for less than $20.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I made a fishplate for mine and welded it to the frame then made a crossover bar to support the gearbox. made everything for less than $20.

Next time you do one of those Chris, do us a favor and take pics and do a write up thread for all of us.

You must have gotten another truck. That's not the truck in your avatar, that I remember you having. What's up with that other truck? Still got it too? :High 5:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat